14. February 2019
LCM: Students for modelling piezoelectric actuators
The Linz Center of Mechatronics GmbH developed the software tool SyMSpace, which is used for optimization of mechatronic systems. In the moment e.g. simulation models of piezoelectric actuators are integrated, so that the design of this drive technology can be optimized.
We search for motivated students, who model piezoelectric actuators for utilization in SyMSpace. This might be in form of a Bachelor- or Masterhthesis, an internship or a project work as well.
- Derivation of analytic models e.g. in Mathematica, Maple…
- Implementation of system matrices in Matlab respectively Python
- (Parametric model in NGSolve)
- (Parametric model in ANSYS)
- (measurement of a prototype und comparison with simulation)
- Documentation of the models for SyMSpace
- Create drawings for representation of the components respectively automatic report-creation
- Support in the integration of the components in SyMSpace
- Result-oriented and self-contained function
- Analytic modeling of mechanical systems (e.g. beam theory, state space representation,…)
- Fundamental programming knowledge e.g. in Matlab or Python
- Fundamental knowledge in graphical software e.g. CorelDraw
- (knowledge in NGSolve or ANSYS)
- (knowledge in measurement instrumentation (voltage, acceleration))
- Literature concerning modeling
- Support/introduction in required software
- Similar components and it´s implementation as orientation
- Flexible working hours: depending on working-structure (BSc-, MSc-, projectwork- or internship)
- Competitive, performance-based salary (basis of negotiation € 1.000,- brutto/40h)
More details on the job.