21. April 2021
PCCL: Master thesis in the field of „Fatigue behavior of soft materials”
The Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH (PCCL) is the leading Austrian center for cooperative
research in the field of polymer technology and polymer science. In collaboration with companies
in the polymer industry and numerous academic institutions, our around 120 highly-qualified
employees jointly work in R&D projects on innovative polymer solutions for a wide range of applications.
By linking scientific knowledge to the industrial need for innovation PCCL contributes to the
competitiveness of its industrial partners who cooperate on the basis of medium- and long-term
R&D-projects with the PCCL. We currently aim to strengthen our team and offer a
Soft materials offer a wide range of applications covering the medical field as well as modern car
headlights. Regardless their application, one of the most important properties to consider in the design
phase is fatigue. This project aims at the determination of the fatigue behavior of several filled
rubber compounds through various fracture mechanical approaches. The crack growth characteristics
will be determined in order to rank material compositions and enable a better fatigue behavior.
- Master students of polymer engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in material sciences and fracture mechanics
- Experienced in material testing is advantageous
- Personal initiative, good organizational skills (time management) and ability to work in a
- A successful company in the center of Leoben (easily accessible by public transport), in
which a team-oriented corporate culture is practiced
- A dynamic environment in which you can contribute your strengths and a friendly team that
is looking forward to your support.
- An innovative environment with contacts to well-known companies and universities
- A part-time position (20 hours/week) with flexible working hours for 4 months.
- The gross monthly salary is € 978.-
- Start of employment: Immediately
Please send your application until 28th of February 2021 along with copies of your certificates and
diplomas to email@example.com, indicating the JobID 20210122. The following information has to be attached,
preferable as one PDF file:
- Letter of motivation for the position(s) of interest
- CV (up to 2 pages)
You will find further details in the job description.
Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH