24. February 2020
PROFACTOR: Fully inkjet printed PCBs with embedded passive components
An increasing demand for alternative processes is present in the PCB manufacturing industry. Considering photolithography as main alternative solution, inkjet printing PCBs will be: innovative, cheaper, simpler, greener, stronger and closer to the market. Compared with photolithography, inkjet printing PCBs has a clear economic advantage with the potential to cut PCB prices of more than 50%. Moreover, PCB manufacturing by inkjet printing will open new possibilities for this well-established market.
Main scope of inkjetPCB project is to develop fully inkjet printed multi-layer Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) including embedded passive components as a commercially viable process. As outcome of this collaborative innovation project, the consortium partners plan to deliver to their customers a “Complete Solution” for the digital additive manufacturing of PCBs including materials, equipment and process guidelines.
PROFACTOR is an applied research center located in Steyr. We conduct research in the field of industrial assistive systems and additive micro/nano manufacturing. Our team consists of around 70 employees from 15 different academic fields. We work across disciplines to find solutions for the manufacturing industry and set standards in robotics, machine vision, simulation, 3D printing, functional surfaces and nanostructures.
The goals of this master thesis are:
- to develop processes, including printing, pre-treatments and post-processing of dielectric, conductive and resistive materials
- to investigate the interface issues and compatibility among the different materials
- to further develop the lab equipment and its sotware towards full 3D printing compatibility
- to design and manufacture PCBs and electronic devices for demonstration
We are looking for
- Motivated students with a hands-on mentality in the field of engineering, physics, material science or similar studies.
- the possibility to work in cutting edge R&D projects with renowned industrial partners
- flexible working hours
- the chance to be part of a young, interdisciplinary and cooperative team
- Starting as soon as possible - Duration of 6 months (extendable depending on performance)
PROFACTOR's research improves the competiveness of European Industry. We are pioneers of the thinking production. We bring production back home.
We offer for master thesis a compensation of 450 EUR per month.
You will find further details in the master project description.
Dipl.-Ing. Vito Matteo Di Pietro
Im Stadtgut A2
Phone: +43 7252 885-430