28. June 2019
WOOD: Ph.D. Student - Advanced Bonding
The “Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH” (Wood K plus) provides research and development services for the industry in the field of wood composite materials and wood chemistry.
Within the Area “Wood Materials Technologies” innovative adhesives are developed, investigated and applied by the team "Advanced Bonding". For a research project in cooperation with a Norwegian company, we are looking for a
For structural applications, issues such as long term durability, reliability, influence of climate, and fire incidents were identified to be crucial for the adhesive bond. In this context, the aim of the dissertation is to investigate these parameters, also with self-developed new testing methods. The results are to be interpreted to gain knowledge on adhesive adherent interaction and the influence of curing condi-tions. The work comprises writing scientific publications in peer-reviewed SCI journals and the presen-tation of results at national and international conferences.
- University degree (master's, diploma), preferably in wood technology or material science. High motivation, independent and reliable
- Hands-on mentality
- English language proficiency
- PhD position supervised by BOKU University, Institute of Wood Technology and Renewable Re-sources (Prof. Johannes Konnerth) and supervised by Wood K plus (Dr. Erik van Herwijnen)
- Challenging and highly diversified field of activity
- Work in an international, motivated team and scientifically highly active environment
- Flexible, self-responsible work organization
- Modern laboratories and pilot plants
- Professional training and further education
- € 2.200,00 / Month (14 x per year) based on 40 hrs/Week
Place of employment:
Tulln (excellent connection to Vienna)
You will find further details in the job description.
Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH
Dr. Erik van Herwijnen
Altenberger Straße 69