28. June 2019
WOOD: Ph.D. Student - Project BioSet
The “Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH” (Wood K plus) provides research and development services for the industry in the field of wood composite materials and wood chemistry.
Within the Area “Wood Materials Technologies”, innovative adhesives are developed by the team "Advanced Bonding". Within the scope of a research project “BioSet”, funded by lower Austria within the FTI strategy,and in cooperation with a consortium of different companies (Metadynea Austria GmbH, AGRANA Research & Innovation Center (ARIC) und Murexin GmbH) and scientific partners (IFA Tulln/BOKU and Technical University of Vienna / Institute of Applied Synthetic Chemistry), we are now looking for a
The aim of the dissertation is the development of adhesives based on starch and lignin. The technical application potential of the resulting environmentally friendly adhesive in wood and construction in-dustry is to be elaborated.
The work comprises writing scientific publications in peer-reviewed SCI journals and the presentation of results at national and international conferences.
- University degree (master's, diploma), preferably in chemistry (all directions), food science, bio-technology or chemical engineering.
- Ability to work and communicate in a scientific field of broad context
- Interest in renewable resources
- Hands-on mentality, creative and highly motivated
- Supervision of PhD thesis through Wood K plus and Department of Agrobiotechnology, IFA-Tulln, BOKU (Dr. Erik van Herwijnen, Prof. Georg Gübitz)
- Challenging and highly diversified field of activity
- Work in an international, motivated team and scientifically highly active environment
- Flexible, self-responsible work organization
- Modern laboratories and pilot plants
- Professional training and further education
- € 2.200,00 / Month (14 x per year) based on 40 hrs/Week
Place of employment:
- Tulln (excellent connection to Vienna)
You will find further details in the job description.
Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH
Dr. Erik van Herwijnen
Altenberger Straße 69