18. September 2020
CHASE: Area Manager (f/m) - Process Digitalization
CHASE is a new non-profit research center in Austria with focus on Chemical Systems Engineering. CHASE responds to the need of the Chemical Industries to advance toward more agile, flexible and synergetic ways of chemical production while reducing the corresponding CO2 footprint, energy consumption and waste production. The center is funded by the Austrian COMET program and structured in the Areas Process Digitalization, Process Intensification and Circular Process Streams. CHASE strives to become an internationally recognized institution for excellent application driven research with a strong network of scientific and industrial partners.
- Lead the research field of Process Digitalization
- Build and manage the whole business area and the research field along with responsible team leaders and key researchers
- Ensure that any general conditions required for the successful development of the research teams are met
- Responsible for personnel management and development (target agreements with team leaders)
- Activlely manage and monitor the resource planning and budget controlling within the area
- Interdisciplinary coordination within and between the areas
- Control and monitor research fields (quality, appointments, costs)
- Responsible for exploiting the opportunities of the entire network
- Report to center management
Requirements – we expect
- PhD or equivalent post graduate qualifications in Natural or Technical Sciences with expert knowledge in
Digitalization in Process Industry, especially in the chemical and/or polymer processing industry
- Extended experience in application driven research, research supervision and research dissemination
- Proven experience in international research cooperation (industrial and/or post-doc research activities) and in cooperation with national and international research funding agencies
- A proactive working attitude and interest to develop cross-sectional research cooperation within CHASE and beyond
- Excellent command in written and spoken German and English
What we offer
A temporary position limited to 2 years and the opportunity in building and structuring this new competence center in cooperation with other key personnel of CHASE. We offer a minimum salary of 60.000 Euro per year, which can be increased according to qualification and experience. We aim at increasing the number of women in our organization and would be glad to fill this position with a female researcher.
Additional information is provided by Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Christian Paulik, Scientific Director CHASE (+43 732 2468 9001 or +43 664 5167179, email@example.com)
To apply for this role as Area Manager, please send a copy of your CV 2020 with the mentioned reference number 004 to following email address till October 9th 2020.
Competence Center CHASE GmbH
Altenberger Straße 69
4040 Linz, Austria
Science Park 2
By submitting your application documents, you expressly agree that your documents may also be
transmitted to the partners involved in CHASE.
Further details on this position can be found in the job description.
Competence Center CHASE GmbH