29. June 2021
CHASE: scientific project employee “Recycling of Biopolymers”
The K1 Competence Center CHASE, founded in October 2019 at JKU Linz and TU Vienna, is
looking to strengthen its team in Linz - as soon as possible - with a
- Investigation on the change of the mechanical properties of biopolymers after several mechanical recycling cycles, and the associated change in the chemical structure, due to thermal degradation
- Influence of different compositions of Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) on recycling
- Processing and recycling of biopolymers
- Stabilization of biopolymers
- Mechanical, thermal, and chemical analysis of biopolymers
- Reporting the results of the research as well as the experimental study in scientific forms (e.g., presentations, master thesis, journal papers etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in polymer engineering, chemistry and chemical technology or similar
- Good knowledge in polymer chemistry and analysis methods is advantageous
- High interest in sustainable development and the recycling of plastic waste
- Personal initiative, self-organized, team worker, analytical thinking, and effective communication skills
- Team working
- Very good English language skills, both in writing and talking
What we offer:
- Collaboration in a highly motivated interdisciplinary team with excellent contacts to industry in the field of polymer processing and recycling of plastic waste
- Hands-on training on different laboratory equipment, if needed
- Possibility to perform a master thesis
- Starting date: ASAP
For further information about the position please contact DI Dr. Sabine Stockenhuber BSc.,
Project Manager CHASE. (+43 664 848 1236, firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are interested in the above-mentioned tasks, we look forward to hearing from you. Applications including the job title, the mentioned reference number 008 and the applicant’s documents (i.e., CV, motivation letter) can be sent to email@example.com.
We aim at increasing the number of women in our organization and would be glad to fill this
position with a female person.
By submitting the application documents, you agree that your application documents may
also be sent to the partners involved in CHASE.
End of application: 31.12.2021
Further details on this position can be found in the job description.
Competence Center CHASE GmbH