21. December 2021
K1-MET: Dissertation position for Metallurgy and Process Engineering (m/f/d)
K1-MET is the leading research and development centre for future metallurgical topics in Austria and combines the cooperation of the leading institutions in industry and science. Both the optimisation of processes currently in operation and the development and transition to ecological steel production represent our company philosophy. Our headquarters are located at the national pulse of metallurgy in Linz and Leoben. In this promising environment, we at K1-MET are engaged in the development and use of advanced technologies from the initial idea to industrial application. The close proximity as well as the intensive contact to industry and universities allows fast development loops from basic research to applied technologies.
Are you motivated, committed and do you like to work independently as well as in a team? You don't just want to see a small detail, but the whole picture? Then we are looking for exactly you to strengthen our teams. In a young and motivated environment, you will help develop unique solutions for leading companies in the steel industry and other resource-intensive industrial sectors. The main tasks include the collaboration and coordination of projects on the topics of metallurgy or process engineering with a metallurgical training component. Likewise, direct interaction between academic and industrial partners will be an integral part of your work, allowing you to contribute to the development of breakthrough solutions and the coordination of projects.
Skills and experience
Ideally, you have the following skills or experience:
- Completed studies (diploma/master) in a technical or scientific field (metallurgy, process engineering, mechanical engineering).
- Passion and enthusiasm for metallurgical process development, decarbonisation, recycling/ circular economy, simulation and modelling (digital transformation).
- Both motivation to work independently and in close cooperation with industrial and scientific partners.
- Good interpersonal skills, affable personality with the ability to solve problems constructively.
- Openness for strategic topics and European/global developments (e.g. European Green Deal) in the field of resource-intensive industries.
- Participation in or experience with funding programmes (H2020, Horizon Europe, SPIRE, RFCS, FFG calls, COMET calls, etc.) is an advantage.
- Experience in project management is an advantage.
- MS Office expertise and confident presentation skills are a prerequisite.
- Good knowledge of German and English.
Start of employment: as soon as possible
Duration of employment: Temporary for the duration of the dissertation with subsequent option to a permanent position (post-doc)
Type of employment: Full-time (38.5 h/week), flexible working hours
Place of work: Linz, Upper Austria; Leoben, Styria
Compensation: The minimum gross salary for this position is EUR 3,184. (14 x p.a., full-time according to the collective labour agreement of mining and iron producing industries).
Does this position sound interesting to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter and references by e-mail. The job advertisement starts immediately and ends as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
Gerold Huemer, MBA
Authorised Representative K1-MET GmbH
Further details on this position can be found in the job description.
+43 (732) 6989-75607