15. December 2021
K1-MET: Project Manager for Digitalisation and Data analysis (m/f/d)
K1-MET is one of the leading and internationally renowned metallurgical competence centres for ferrous and nonferrous metallurgy situated in Austria. Cooperation is done with renowned national and international partners from the metallurgical industry to research issues such as energy efficiency, circular economy, and climate neutral metal production, as well as digitalization potential of the metalproducing sector. The basis for a fruitful development of K1-MET is the well-established cooperation with our partners from industry and academia. Our main sites are in Linz and Leoben, Austria, in close proximity to the most important locations of the Austrian metal industry. Together, we are working on
process solutions to advance the modernization of the European metallurgical industry. In this high potential environment, we drive forward the development and application of advanced future technologies from fundamental research towards industrial implementation.
You are motivated to engage in both autonomous work and as part of a team? You want to contribute not only with efforts in detail but also work towards the bigger picture? Then you might be the right person to join our team! You will be working in an environment with young and dedicated researchers on unique and relevant solutions for leading companies in the iron- and steelmaking as well as related sectors. Your tasks will cover participation in technical research as well as the coordination of research on process simulations and data analysis. Collaborating with academic and industrial
partners in national and international projects, you will contribute to an enhanced process understanding and the introduction of new and innovative methods to the metal producing industries. Competences and experiences
We look for the following competences and experiences:
- Full academic qualification (Diploma/ Master or Doctorate/ PhD) of a technical or natural scientific discipline (Physics, Mathematics, Data Science, Mechatronics, Engineering, or other STEM fields)
- Motivation for self-sufficient work in close cooperation with industrial and scientific partners and colleagues
- Social competences, accessible personality and abilities for constructive problem solving
- Competences in data analysis and application of big data methods
- Experience with codes and programming languages (C, C++, Python, Matlab/ Octave etc.)
- Experiences in application for and cooperation in funding schemes (H2020, Spire, RFCS, FFG applications) desirable
- Experiences in project management desirable
- Expertise in MS Office handling and good presentation skills required
- Proficiency in German and English language
Start of employment: as soon as possible
Duration of employment: unlimited
Type of employment: Full time (38,5 h/week), flexible work hours
Place of work: Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Compensation: The minimal gross salary for this position with a Diploma/ Master’s degree is € 3 899, with Doctorate/ PhD degree € 4 267 (14 x p.a., full time according to the collective labour agreement of mining and ironproducing industries).
Does this position sound interesting to you? Then feel free to contact us with a CV, a motivation letter and references sent by email. The position is open starting right away until a suitable candidate is found. International applications are encouraged.
DI Dr. Christine Gruber
Interim Area Manager Modelling and Simulation
Further details on this position can be found in the job description.
+43 (732) 6989-75607