21. April 2021
PCCL: Researcher position in the field of „Novel characterization techniques to determine the time-dependent material performance of soft materials”
The Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH (PCCL) is the leading Austrian center for cooper-ative research in the field of polymer technology and polymer science. In collaboration with compa-nies in the polymer industry and numerous academic institutions, our around 120 highly-qualified employees jointly work in R&D projects on innovative polymer solutions for a wide range of applica-tions. By linking scientific knowledge to the industrial need for innovation PCCL contributes to the competitiveness of its industrial partners who cooperate on the basis of medium- and long-term R&D-projects with the PCCL. We currently aim to strengthen our team and offer a
Soft materials offer a wide range of applications covering the medical field as well as modern car headlights. In terms of fracture mechanics an energy approach is usually implemented to describe the material behavior by considering the new fracture surfaces in front of an existing crack. Within this multidisciplinary project consortium, the focus will include a fracture mechanical approach by us-ing sharp pre-notched specimens under displacement-controlled loading conditions considering a global tearing energy and the fatigue crack growth rate. Finally, the impact of the state of cure includ-ing a classification system for parts applying non-destructive testing methods will be implemented.
- Above average master’s degree in the field of polymer engineering and science, materials science, or similar
- Profound knowledge in material sciences, esp. physics and chemistry of polymeric materials
- Experienced in material testing
- Personal initiative, reliable, responsibility, teamwork and communication skills with the ability to interface with partner companies and other researchers
- Good language skills in English (written and spoken) and at least basic skills in German are advantageous
- Communication of research results to the scientific community
- Advanced research in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent contacts to industry as well as to national and international research organizations
- Gross monthly income app. € 3.072.- (14 times per year)
- Flexible working conditions, 40 h per week
- Possibility to perform a PhD at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben
- Start of employment: Immediate
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV) until 16th of April 2021 along with copies of your certificates and diplomas to email@example.com, indicating the JobID 20210322.
You will find further details in the job description.
Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH