04. November 2020
PCCL: Researcher position in the field of „Performance and lifetime modelling of injection molded rubber parts"
The Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH (PCCL) is the leading Austrian center for cooper-ative research in the field of polymer technology and polymer science. In collaboration with compa-nies in the polymer industry and numerous academic institutions, our around 120 highly-qualified employees jointly work in R&D projects on innovative polymer solutions for a wide range of applica-tions. By linking scientific knowledge to the industrial need for innovation PCCL contributes to the competitiveness of its industrial partners who cooperate on the basis of medium- and long-term R&D-projects with the PCCL. We currently aim to strengthen our team and offer a
You will perform all mayor scientific tasks in a multi-year research project. The project focusses on building models to predict the performance and lifetime of injection molded rubber parts. Your tasks will include i) creating solutions to manufacture specimens from high performance rubber materials, ii) monitor the process with advanced numerical methods and iii) perform advanced material tests to connect part performance and fatigue with manufacturing conditions.
- Completed master’s degree in the field of mechanical engineering, polymer engineering or polymer chemistry
- Profound knowledge in material sciences, esp. physics and chemistry of polymeric materials
- Experienced in material processing and testing as well as Matlab® or similar software
- Personal initiative, reliable, responsibility, teamwork and communication skills with the ability to interface with partner companies and other researchers
- Communication of research results to the scientific community (e.g. journal papers, confer-ence proceedings)
- Advanced research in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent contacts to industry as well as to national and international research organizations
- Gross monthly income app. € 3.072.- (14 times per year)
- Flexible working conditions, 40 h per week
- Possibility to perform a PhD at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben
- Start of employment: January 2021
Please send your application until 30th of November 2020 along with copies of your certificates and diplomas to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the JobID 20201013. The following information has to be attached, preferable as one PDF file:
- Letter of motivation for the position(s) of interest
- CV (up to 2 pages), if possible with a list of publications and/or projects,
- Scan of the diploma or degree that qualifies the applicant for PhD enrolment
- Scan of further certificates or work experience
Nähere Informationen finden Sie in der Stellenausschreibung.
Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH