03. November 2020
Pro2Future: Student Researcher (f/m/d)
Pro²Future – Products and Production Systems of the Future – is a COMET competence center that attempts for next generation products and manufacturing machinery with embedded cognitive capabilities. It is a joint effort of world leading Austrian industrial enterprises and the nation’s top scientific institutions in ICT and Production Engineering: Johannes Kepler University Linz, Graz University of Technology and Profactor GmbH. Furthermore, it is endorsed by the Provinces of Upper Austria and Styria, Austria’s strongest regions in industrial leadership. Pro²Future operates three research sites in Linz, Graz and Steyr.
To broaden and support our research activities in the field of computer vision we are currently offering the position of a
Within the project we investigate vision-based solutions for edifices e.g. tunnels, suitable for supporting tunnel safety and maintenance operations. Overall, two topics are investigated: (i) deep learning-based object detection and (ii) mechanisms for detecting changes on surfaces over time.
The successful candidate will be engaged in designing and implementing solutions in the forementioned topics. To this end, one or more of the following skills are required: Knowledge with computer vision and graphics techniques, ideally vision based deep learning, and software development skills.
The successful candidate seeks an ambitious activity in industry-driven research and is particularly willing to obtain a Master Thesis under supervision of Prof. Dr. Friedrich Fraundorfer (TUG ICG).
The successful candidate will work within a project team consisting of experts including the industrial partners, project management and scientific partners. Project work will also involve collaboration and knowledge exchange with the Pro2Future partners, several research groups as well as participating in the international research community, e.g. through publications and presentations.
- A bachelor-level degree in computer science, information systems, information science, electrical engineering, telematics, or related studies.
- Strong interest in computer vision techniques and deep learning.
- Programming skills in a current development environment (C++, C#, Python, Java).
- Fluent English or German, written and spoken.
- Ability to start immediately.
- The opportunity to align this work with your master thesis.
- We will provide the successful candidate with a collegial and supportive environment to establish themselves, their master thesis and help develop their career, i.e. towards a Ph.D.
- Full-time (38.5H/W) gross salary for this position would be 2,424 Euro per month (14 times a year).
Pro2Future GmbH is an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer. We particularly welcome applications from women and international candidates.
To apply for this position, please send your application (including CV, supporting documents, letter of motivation) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nähere Informationen finden Sie in der Stellenausschreibung.
Altenberger Straße 69
Phone: +43316 873-9152