12. October 2022
WOOD: Junior Researcher (f/m/d) PhD Thesis
PhD THESIS - Improving the biodegradability of cellulosic substrates
Starting in January 2023
You will conduct research at Austrian COMET center Wood K plus, one of the leading research organisations in the area wood and wood-related renewable resources in Europe. We perform applied research on the economy-science interface, in order to promote resource-efficient production and circular bio-economy.
As a part of your employment you will be enrolled in a PhD program at BOKU University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, one of Europe´s leading universities in the fields of life sciences and renewable resources. You will have the opportunity to become a member of the doctorate school ABCM (Advanced biorefineries – chemistry and materials) with its specialized and dedicated curriculum.
A leading Austrian cellulose processing company and the renowned Institute of Chemistry of Renewable Resources at BOKU University will also be involved in the project, guaranteeing you academic and industrial visibility and research at an internationally competitive level.
You will investigate methods to influence the biodegradability of cellulosic substrates, including chemical or physical modification of cellulose as well as adapt and develop corresponding analytical methodology.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related studies
- Excellent background in organic chemistry and analytical methods
- Experience in polymer chemistry, especially cellulose, desired but not mandatory
- Very good English required, German skills are advantageous
- Research in a highly innovative and promising technology field, resulting in industrial applications
- A motivated team of researchers passionate about renewable resources
- Work in an industrial setting close to one of Austria’s most scenic holiday regions with a good connection to Vienna, Salzburg, Linz and Munich
- Abundant training and educational opportunities (soft skills and job skills)
- Gross monthly salary of 2.540 € (14 x a year)
Duration: 3 years
Location: Lenzing (Austria) with frequent visits to BOKU-UFT (Tulln or Vienna)
For more information please contact:
DI Dr. Robert Putz, Mail: email@example.com
Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH
Altenberger Straße 69
Tel.: +43 732 2468-6750