Since the year 2000, Upper Austrian Research GmbH has been promoting cooperation between science and industry. It has established itself as a widely respected player in the field of research and, as a member of Business Upper Austria - OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH, is the leading company for non-university Research.
- 2022: Increase in the share held in Research Center for Non Destructive Testing GmbH (RECENDT); Assignment of shares in Transfercenter für Kunststofftechnik GmbH (TCKT)
- 2019: Foundation of and participating interest in Competence Center CHASE GmbH
- 2018: Upper Austrian Research GmbH buys shares in Pro2Future GmbH. Purchase of shares in the new microelectronics research centre Silicon Austria Labs GmbH. AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH and Upper Austrian Research GmbH become joint owners of PROFACTOR GmbH.
- 2017: Business Upper Austria - OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH becomes the owner of Upper Austrian Research GmbH. Increase in the share held in Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH. Assignment of shares in tech2b Gründerzentrum GmbH. Closure of Center for Advanced Bioanalysis GmbH.
- 2016: Support of the State of Upper Austria for the introduction of the new Research Fund "STAR" (Step ahead through Research). Strategic expansion of the ownership structure of PROFACTOR GmbH.
- 2015: Upper Austrian Research GmbH is celebrating the 15th anniversary at the SCIENCE NIGHT '15.
- 2014: PROFACTOR GmbH is incorporated into the UAR group. Bio-Med-zet Life Science GmbH is hived off.
- 2013: Merger of the Linz Center of Mechatronics GmbH (LCM) with the Austrian Center of Competence in Mechatronics GmbH (ACCM).
- 2010: Acquisition of shares in the tech2b Inkubator GmbH.The company assumes the function of a research holding with Dr Wilfried Enzenhofer, MBA as CEO.
- 2009: The ZBN is hived off as the Center for Advanced Bioanalysis GmbH (CBL).
- 2008: Acquisition of shares in Bio-Med-zet Life Science GmbH. Incorporation of medical informatics in RISC Software GmbH and acquisition of shares by Upper Austrian Research GmbH. The TCKT and the sensor technology department are hived off to form the Research Center for Non Destructive Testing GmbH (RECENDT).
- 2004: Upper Austrian Research GmbH buys shares in the Kompetenzzentrum Holz. Expansion of Upper Austrian Research GmbH in line with the strategy defined in the “Innovatives OÖ 2010” strategic programme.
- 2003: The research department for medical informatics is set up at the Softwarepark Hagenberg. Acquisition of Shares in the Software Competence Center Hagenberg (SCCH).
- 2002: Upper Austrian Research GmbH moves into the techCenter, Hafenstrasse, Linz. Acquisition of shares in the Polymer Competence Center Leoben (PCCL). The research Department Zentrum für Biomedizinische Nanotechnologie (ZBN) is established.
- 2001: The research Departments Transfercenter für Kunststofftechnik (TCKT) and the sensor technology group for infrared-optical measuring methods are set up. Acquisition of shares in the Linz Center of Mechatronics (LCM).
- 2000: The company begins operations with Dr Otmar Höglinger at its head. The Kompetenzzentrum Holz (WOOD K plus) is set up as part of the competence centre Programme.